Saturday, June 4, 2022

Spiritual Fatherhood

 Scripture:

“After they had reached the other side, Elijah said, “Elisha, the Lord will soon take me away. What can I do for you before that happens?” Elisha answered, “Please give me twice as much of your power as you give the other prophets, so I can be the one who takes your place as their leader.””  ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭2:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Elijah knew he was being taken away shortly and Elisha was following him wherever he went. After crossing a river on dry ground, Elijah asked Elijah what he wanted from him. Elisha replied that he wanted twice as much power as the other prophets, the firstborn son’s amount, thus verifying he had received the inheritance of the father.

Application:

All of the school of the prophets were called the sons of the prophets, yet Elisha asked for a double portion, symbolizing being the firstborn son and the one who would receive the inheritance. He was looking to be a special son to his spiritual father. I want to walk in true spiritual fatherhood and raise up sons in ministry. I want to invest my life into those who can go farther and higher than I ever could. I want sons who will take the Gospel further and walk in more power that I could. 

Prayer:

Father, give me spiritual sons who can walk in Your authority. Help me to be a good father and teacher to them. Help me to know what they need from me at all times. Help me to invest my life and ministry wisely. I need Your guidance and direction on each detail of how this works. Let my sons stand on my shoulders and do great works for You Lord.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment