Tuesday, June 28, 2022

But Jehoshaphat Prayed

 Scripture:

“So when they saw Jehoshaphat in his robe, they thought he was Ahab and started to attack him. But Jehoshaphat prayed, and the Lord made the Syrian soldiers stop.” ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭18:31‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jehoshaphat and Ahab were going into battle together. Ahab told Jehoshaphat to wear his royal robes, but that he would be disguised. Jehoshaphat did it.  King Ahab was hit by a random arrow and killed. Jehoshaphat was recognized and the soldiers thought he was Ahab so they started attacking him. He prayed to the Lord and God made the Syrian soldiers stop. God stepped in, right in the middle of a battle and made the enemy stop.

Application:

Some times we end up in situations that seem way out of our control. They seem impossible, but when we pray, we release the supernatural power of the almighty to work on our behalf and nothing is impossible for Him. When we are in the midst of battle and it seems everything is against us, we still serve a God who can protect us and give us victory in the middle of the battle. Our faith must always be in Him and not ourselves.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible.  Thank You for reminding me of this today. Work in my life and protect my family from every attack of the enemy. Teach me to walk with you and to follow Your will at all times. I want to do exactly what You want in my life. I want to be completely led and directed by You. You are my Lord and my God. Let my faith increase day by day as You fight my battles.

Yours Truly,

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment