Friday, June 24, 2022

Give God Our Best

 Scripture:

“No one can ever build a temple large enough for God—even the heavens are too small a place for him to live in! All I can do is build a place where we can offer sacrifices to him.” ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭2:6‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon is speaking here about the Temple he was beginning to construct as a place to worship God. In the construction, he used 20 tons of fine gold in the process. That is unbelievable! He not only realized he couldn’t build big enough for God, but he couldn’t make it elaborate enough for God. He wanted to give God an incredible place to be worshiped. he didn’t settle for giving God a simple building, but took 150,000 men and 20 tons of gold to build.

Application:

What we do for God, we should want to do it with everything we have. Worship is expensive when we think of Old Testament offerings. In the NT world, the Holy Spirit lives in us and not in a building made with human hands. How much more should we honor God with our lives, our bodies, our souls, and our minds? God is worthy of our very best and we should sincerely give Him the very best of everything we have.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I am reminded this morning of Your incredible worth and value. Forgive me for the times I have take You for granted. I stand in awe of You this morning! You are worthy of my very best! You are worthy of my greatest sacrifice. Help me to have the right perspective when leading others in pursuit of You. Help me to lead well and to set an example of sacrificial worship.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment