Wednesday, June 15, 2022

The Fear of the Lord

 Scripture:

“Achan, who was a descendant of Zerah and the son of Carmi, caused trouble for Israel, because he kept for himself things that belonged only to the Lord.”  ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭2:7‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

This passage falls in the middle of a long line of descendants and a lengthy genealogy. It is just stuck there in the middle of a bunch of names on both sides. Achan was remembered for one thing, he kept for himself the things that belonged to the Lord. He caused his army to fail because of His disobedience to God.

Application:

What belongs to God, belongs to God. We can’t make up our own rules when trying to follow God. We do things His way, or not at all. Our obedience level always determines our trust level. God can only trust those who have proven themselves trustworthy. When God says not to touch something, we can’t go there. We must walk in the fear of the Lord in our generation once again. 

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to walk in the fear of the Lord in my life. Let me never take Your ways for granted. Help me out follow You well all the days of my life. You are the only one worthy. You are the only one who is mighty and I desperately need You in my life. Teach me to walk in the fear of the Lord, but to know the love of the Lord at the same time.

I’m Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment