Wednesday, June 1, 2022

God’s Ways and Our Ways

 Scripture:

“But Jeroboam kept on doing evil things. He appointed men to be priests at the local shrines, even if they were not Levites. In fact, anyone who wanted to be a priest could be one. This sinful thing led to the downfall of his kingdom.” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭13:33-34‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jeroboam did evil in the eyes of the Lord. He allowed anyone who wanted to be a priest to become one and it says here that this sinful thing led to the downfall of his kingdom. His kingdom was destroyed because he allowed anyone to serve as a priest who wanted to instead of using God’s prescribed way of doing things. 

Application:

God has ways of doing things and we are to follow His ways. We must be cautious about simply doing what seems right to us and make sure we are doing things God’s way. When we do things God’s ways, we get God’s results. We can’t expect God to bless our decisions unless they are His will for our lives. We can’t just do what seems right to us, we must press in and do the will of the Father.

Prayer:

Lord God, forgive me for the times I have done what was right in my own eyes instead of looking to You and doing what You want. Help me to lean more and more on You and less and less on me. Teach me to walk with You well and to fulfill Your will at all times. I want to serve You well in my generation. Let my ways be Your ways and Your ways be my ways. I want to do ministry WITH You and not just FOR You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment