Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Obedience is Everything

 Scripture:

“The Lord God of Israel had appeared to Solomon two times and warned him not to worship foreign gods. But Solomon disobeyed and did it anyway. This made the Lord very angry,” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭11:9-10‬ ‭CEV

Observation:

God appeared to Solomon twice to tell him not to worship foreign gods. Solomon had the honor of having the Lord appear to him, yet he gave in and still worshiped other gods. God went out of His way to warn Solomon, but Solomon did what he wanted to do, unlike his father David.

Application:

First of all, I want God to appear to me like He did for people back then. If I’m doing something right or something wrong, I would love to have the Lord appear to me and tell me directly. How awesome would that be? Secondly, We must always obey what we do know, because obedience brings blessings. We cannot disobey God in areas of our lives, then expect Him to bless us.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to follow You well. Appear to me I pray as I seek Your face. Come Holy Spirit and meet with me as friend with friend. I long for Your presence. Come and show me what I need to do. Speak to me Lord, Your servant is listening. Help me to never stray, but to walk in obedience to You all the days of my life.

Your Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment