Friday, May 20, 2022

Self Promotion

 Scripture:

“Absalom would say, “You deserve to win your case. It's too bad the king doesn't have anyone to hear complaints like yours. I wish someone would make me the judge around here! I would be fair to everyone.””  ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭15:3-4‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Absalom was David’s son, who was away for a long time. When he returned, at his father’s call, he spent quite a while promoting himself among the people. He would hear their cases and tell them he wished he could be a judge who would judge correctly. he promoted himself by making himself look good in everyone’s eyes. 

Application:

God promotion is so much better than self promotion. We need to be cautious about purposely showing people how wonderful we are. We need to be honest, full of integrity and character, and let God raise us up at the right time. When He lifts you up, you will rise higher than when you lift yourself up. Our job is to stay humble and let God work instead of promoting ourselves.

Prayer:

Lord, You know I want Your will in my life above all else. Help me to know when I’m promoting myself and my agenda, and when I’m fulfilling Your agenda. I want to follow Your voice, but I must hear it clearly. Open my ears and eyes to see and hear what You are doing. I want to serve You well in my generation.

Your son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment