Saturday, May 28, 2022

Brave Obedience

 Scripture:

“My son, I will soon die, as everyone must. But I want you to be strong and brave. Do what the Lord your God commands and follow his teachings. Obey everything written in the Law of Moses. Then you will be a success, no matter what you do or where you go.” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭2:2-3‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

King David is speaking to his son Solomon here and preparing him to take over as king of Israel. He told him to be strong and brave because leading people requires being strong and brave. He also gave Solomon  the greatest wisdom he could ever get. He told him to listen and obey God and His word. He closed by telling him if he did that, he would be a success wherever he went.

Application:

Success in God’s kingdom comes from being strong, brave, and following the word of the Lord. When we do what God says, we get God results. I want to see God do great things in and through my life, but I also realize that He doesn’t always bless what He doesn’t order. I want my spiritual eyes and ears wide open to know what God is saying so I can follow accordingly.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk with You at greater levels each day. I want to see Your success in my life. Grant me wisdom to always know what to do and a brave heart to do the right thing. Help me to live a life of faith that honors You and Your word..

I’m Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment