Wednesday, May 4, 2022

As Close as Clothing

 Scripture:

“Let the Lord Jesus Christ be as near to you as the clothes you wear. Then you won't try to satisfy your selfish desires.”  ‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Romans to let Christ be as near as the clothes we wear, then we won’t satisfy our selfish desires. You can’t get much closer than the clothes we wear. Other places it tells us to “put on Christ.” When we are close to Him, we don’t have to worry about sin and doing wrong because we will be constantly aware of His presence.

Application:

I’ve been known to say in the past, “You are as close to Christ today as you want to be.” I base that on the scripture that tells us to draw near to Him and He will draw near to us. As we move toward Christ, He moves toward us. As we get really close, we begin to live as He would live in the world around us. When we walk in intimacy with Christ, we don’t want to do the things the world is passionate about. We want to do what he wants us to do, and no more.

Prayer:

Lord God, this morning I draw nearer to You. I want You in my life in greater and greater measure. I want to be clothed in Christ. I desire oneness with You my Lord. Be as close as my clothes. As I draw near to You, draw near to me and let us become one.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment