Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Characteristics that Get You Noticed

 Scripture:

““A man named Jesse who lives in Bethlehem has a son who can play the harp,” one official said. “He's a brave warrior, he's good-looking, he can speak well, and the Lord is with him.”” ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

When King Saul was told to find someone who could play the harp and get rid of the demons that tormented him, he was told about a young man named David. His leaders said of David, “He’s a brave warrior, he’s good-looking, he can speak well, and the Lord is with him.” What a great reputation to have. David had four excellent things going for him that made him stand out from the crowd.

Application:

The characteristics that made David stand out in the crowd are important to us today as well. We should be known for being brave. As leaders, we should strive to look presentable. We should work on learning to communicate with confidence and excellence. More than anything, we need the Spirit of the Lord to be on our lives. Some of this we can do, some God must do, but we can earnestly seek Him and develop in these areas.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring You glory above all others things. Help me to live and excellent life that bring about Your blessing. Teach me to follow You well. I’ll work on being brave, confident, my health, but only You can choose to let Your Spirit rest on my life. I’ll do my part, You do Yours and together, let’s touch the world. I don’t want to do ministry FOR You, but WITH You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment