Monday, May 9, 2022

Don’t Be Stubborn

 Scripture:

“If you and your king want to be followers of the Lord, you must worship him and do what he says. Don't be stubborn!” ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭12:14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Israel had a history of being stubborn before the Lord and running after other gods. They continually got off track and went the wrong direction. As they were getting their first king, which the Lord wasn’t happy about. The Lord told them He would allow them to have a king. As Samuel was preparing the people and Saul to be king he told them if they wanted to serve the Lord, “don’t be stubborn.”

Application:

Stubbornness means, I am going to do what I want to do, no matter what God, or anyone else has to say about tit. Stubbornness with God is unacceptable to Him. He wants His people to follow His directions and not to stubbornly do what they want. We must learnt to live with pliable hearts that are willing to change and with soft hearts before the Lord, ready to live as He says and not do things our own way. Stubbornness really says to God that we think we know better than He does.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never be stubborn with You when You are speaking to me about things. Help me to always follow Your voice and not do simply whatever I want to do. I never want to live in opposition to You and You plans for my life. Teach me to follow You well and to never allow stubbornness into my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment