Saturday, May 21, 2022

Fickle Leadership

 Scripture:

“David's army found out he was crying because his son had died, and their day of victory suddenly turned into a day of sadness.” ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭19:2‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Absalom had conspired against his father David to take his throne. He was coming to take over David’s kingdom. David gave a command to his troops to bring Absalom home alive, but they ended up killing him. David was upset that they killed his son, even though his son was trying to overthrow his throne. David was crying because of his son and his army went from a day of victory to a day of sadness.

Application:

David crying about his son when his army had risked their lives and lost friends was not good leadership. His team had fought on his behalf and then he turned on them. It is difficult to follow a leader who is fickle. Sometimes as a leader, you have to eat your personal feelings and celebrate the win with your team.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lead well. Help me to know when to celebrate and when to be sorrowful. Show me each step of the way. Help me to learn from my mistakes and grow from Your word. I want to lead well in my generation.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment