Friday, May 13, 2022

Evil People Do Evil Things

 Scripture:

“An old proverb says, “Only evil people do evil things,” and so I won't harm you.” ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭24:13‬ ‭CEV

Observation:

Saul was chasing David in order to kill him. David had a chance at revenge. He had an opportunity to kill Saul in a cave, but David would not kill the Lord’s anointed. He cut off a piece of Saul’s robe in that cave without Saul even knowing it. He then let Saul get far enough away and yelled at him, telling him that he would never kill Saul because, “‘only evil people do evil things.,’ and so I won’t harm you.”

Application:

David trusted God to promote him and protect him. He would not do evil, even when it seemed he had every right to do that. He was being pursued in order to be killed and he knew it, yet didn’t fight back when he had the opportunity. He trusted God to promote him in due season instead of taking things into his own hands. We must learn to trust God with our lives. We never have to seek revenge or promote ourselves, we need to learn that God is the best at that and He will do it in His timing.

Prayer:

Father, I entrust my life to You. You are my everything. I trust You to open the right doors for me. I trust You to give us land and a building for the church. I trust You to put me in touch with the right people at the right times to do Your will. Help me to never fight my own battles, but to fully trust and rely on You. You are my rock and my salvation.

Yours Forever,

jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment