Saturday, May 14, 2022

Choose Good and Never Evil

 Scripture:

“Please forgive me if I say a little more. The Lord will always protect you and your family, because you fight for him. I pray that you won't ever do anything evil as long as you live.” ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭25:28‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

David was on his way to kill Nabal because he had insulted David and his servants when they asked for his help. Abigail, Nabal’s wife, heard about it, she came to David and his men to stop them from taking revenge. She offered them plenty of food and apologized for her husband’s speech. She then tells David that because he fights for God, the Lord would always protect him and his family. She closed with a. Statement, “I pray that you won’t ever do anything evil as long as you live.”

Application:

Our choices determine our destiny. When we choose to do evil things, we will lose our protection from the Lord. When we are walking with the Lord and in step with Him, He fights our battles and defeats our enemies. When we choose our own way instead of God’s, we are in a dangerous place. We need to never allow evil into our thoughts and actions.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never allow evil into my life. Help me to walk humbly before You and to serve You with excellence. Teach me Your ways and help me to follow You well. I want to represent You and Your kingdom well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment