Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Obedience, the Ultimate Act of Worship

 Scripture:

““Tell me,” Samuel said. “Does the Lord really want sacrifices and offerings? No! He doesn't want your sacrifices. He wants you to obey him.” ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭15:22‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Saul had disobeyed the Lord in some ways that we would probably say were not so bad. He even did these things in order to honor the Lord with his worship. The problem was that he disobeyed the Lord in order to worship the Lord. Samuel told him that the Lord wants obedience more than he wants sacrifice and worship.

Application:

The demonstration of true worship is obedience. Jesus spoke much about this as well. God desires His people to do what He says, which is the ultimate act of worship. Obedience is hard sometimes. Obedience sometimes means you have to do things you wouldn’t do any other way. It means you do what God says, even if that looks foolish. Obedience always wins in God’s book. We must learn to walk in obedience.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in obedience to You at all times. Help me to hear Your voice clearly and to do exactly what You want me to do. You know the cry of my heart. I want to be in Your will and never to step outside of that. Teach me to follow You well. Show me the way. Open the right doors. Open my ears to hear You. I want it obey, but I must hear clearly in order to obey well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment