Thursday, May 12, 2022

Past Victories Supply Present Needs

 Scripture:

“The priest answered, “The only sword here is the one that belonged to Goliath the Philistine. You were the one who killed him in Elah Valley, and so you can take his sword if you want to. It's wrapped in a cloth behind the statue.” “It's the best sword there is,” David said. “I'll take it!”” ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭21:9‬ ‭CEV‬

Observation:

David had killed Goliath and used Goliath’s sword to cut off his head. That sword ended up with Ehimilech in the town of Nob after David used it. Now, when David was on the run from King Saul, what he had used to conquer his giant was given back to him in his time of need. 

Application:

Today’s victories supply tomorrow’s needs in God’s Kingdom. David was blessed by receiving the best sword in the land in his hour of need because he had defeated a giant with that sword. When we conquer giants in our lives, we then have the tools to conquer other giants. The main tool for us is our faith.

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith. Let my past victories supply my present and future needs. Help me to live an overcoming life and to prosper in every area. Teach me to defeat giants and to conquer kings. Help me to accomplish Your will for my life. Show me how to be a great husband, father, and spiritual father.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment