Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Is This How You Usually Treat People?

 Scripture:

David went into the tent he had set up for the sacred chest. Then he sat there and prayed:
Lord All-Powerful, my family and I don't deserve what you have already done for us, 19and yet you have promised to do even more. Is this the way you usually treat people?  II Samuel 7:18-19

Observation:
David prays a beautiful prayer here that shows his gratitude to God for all He had done for him. He tells God that he doesn't deserve what the Lord had already done for him. He goes on to say, "and yet You have promised to do even more. Is this the way you usually treat people?" He is amazed by the Lord's goodness.

Application:
God has done so much in my life, yet He continues to promise more and more. Sometimes I am like David and ask God, "Is this usually the way You treat people?" God has been so good to me and allowed me to experience so much of Him in my lifetime. He has done extraordinary works and I stand amazed, yet He continues to do more and more.

Prayer:
God, You are incredible and I worship You this morning. Thank You for choosing me and working with me. You have been faithful. You have been kind. You have been generous. You have truly blessed my life. Let my life reflect the gratitude in my heart. I want to do more and more for You, but more than anything else, I want to do more WITH You.
Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment