Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Do the Little Things While Waiting for God to Show the Bigger Things

 Scripture:

“Each group, no matter how large or small, was assigned a gate to guard, and they let the Lord show them what he wanted done.” 1 Chronicles‬ ‭26:13‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

As the Temple was built, the tribes were assigned responsibilities in taking care of the Temple. In this passage, it tells us that each group was assigned a gate to guard. It was “everyone’s” job to guard the house of God, then they prayed specifically about what they were suppose to do besides that. 

Application:

Some things in the Kingdom just need to be done and everyone should pitch in and help because we are brothers and sisters, building our Father’s business. Some jobs we don’t need to even pray about, you just do it because it needs done. There are other responsibilities we must pray about and seek the Lord about. We should do what needs done while we seek the specific will of God concerning our lives.

Prayer:

Father, I give You my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me to serve You well. Let me never get above stacking chairs and helping do what needs done. Help me to be an example of servanthood throughout my days. Besides that, show me daily what I need to be doing in my life. Lead me Holy Spirit and I will do what You lay before me. Open the right doors and show me the way forward and I will follow.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment