Friday, June 3, 2022

Fear Destroys Destiny

 Scripture:

“Elijah was afraid when he got her message, and he ran to the town of Beersheba in Judah. He left his servant there,” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭19:3‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Elijah had just called down fire from God and killed 950 prophets and followers of Baal. When he finished, Jezebel sent a message to him that he would be dead by morning. In this verse, he reacts in fear of Jezebel rather than with the fear of God. Elijah was a mighty man of God who confronted, but in this one instance, he caved in fear.

Application:

One instance of allowing fear to control you can destroy your destiny. Elijah ended up running away and surviving, but he also was told to anoint Elisha to prophesy in his place. Fear of Jezebel, though she was a powerful woman, caused him to miss out on things he should have accomplished. I don’t want to miss out on what God has for my life because I was afraid of someone or something. I want to fear God more than anything else.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to follow You well. Give me strength to speak up when I need to speak up and to be quiet when I need to be quiet. Help me to never fear people or what they may do, but to truly fear You above all else. Teach me the fear of the Lord that I may serve You well in my generation.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment