Saturday, June 11, 2022

Leaders Set the Example

 Scripture:

“And the king stood by the pillar and made a covenant before the Lord, to walk after the Lord and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all his heart and all his soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people joined in the covenant.” ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭23:3‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Observation:

During Josiah’s reign, the book of the Law was found and brought to him. He gathered everyone together as a nation and had the Law read to them publicly. He then made a covenant before the Lord to walk after the Lord and keep His commands with all his heart and all his soul. The people followed the king and entered into a covenant that day with YHWH.

Application:

Real leaders set and example and then people follow. Just as Josiah made a covenant and the people followed, people will follow what their leader does, not just what he or she says. I want to be a leader that leads people closer to God and into covenant with Him. I want to lead by example and demonstrate how to serve God well and accomplish great things in His kingdom.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and I love You with all my heart. I want my life to be a life of obedience to God first and foremost. I also want to be an example of what walking with the Lord looks like in my generation. Help me to lead well and to seek Your face wholeheartedly. Help me to set a good and right example of how to walk with God.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment