Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Whatever You Do

 Scripture:

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”  ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:31‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul was writing to the Corinthians about abstaining from certain things because it might offend someone else.  He was telling them that there is freedom in Christ to eat and drink as we want to, but at the same time, if it offends someone else’s conscience, we shouldn’t do it.  He then tells them that whatever they do, they should do it for the glory of God.

Application:

When the question is “should I or shouldn’t I?” The answer is, does it bring glory to God?  Our lives should not be about what we can and can’t do, rather, they should be about what is going to bring God glory.  We need to live our lives for the glory of God.  When we are about to do something, we should ask, “Does this bring God glory?”.  That should be the heart of everything we do.  We should be more concerned about whether we are bringing God glory than whether we are getting our way and doing what we want to do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to live my life for the glory of God.  Teach me to seek Your glory more than my comfort and convenience.  Help me to live a life that pleases You and that You can bless.  I want to represent You well in my generation.  Teach me to hear Your voice and to follow accordingly.  Open doors and make Your path clear for me.  I will follow as You give me strength.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment