Friday, May 28, 2021

Act Like a Man and Obey

 Scripture:

““I am about to go the way of all the earth,” he said. “So be strong, act like a man, and observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go”. ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭2:2-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

David was nearing the end of his life and he called his son Solomon in to talk to him.  David had lived a long and very successful life.  At the end, he still knew what was most important.  He told his son, “Act like a man... observe what the Lord requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations.. do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go.”

Application:

I want to live out what David told Solomon.  I want to be a man and to what God requires of my life so that I may prosper.  Prosperity and obedience to God go hand in hand.  When we honor the Lord with all our lives, He prospers us.  When we try to do what we want in life, He is not honored and doesn’t prosper. I would rather have God prosper me than to try to prosper on my own.  He is much better at this than I am.  

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You closely.  I want to serve You and prosper.  I want my sons to see that serving You is the best decision they could ever make in their lives.  I want them to see that You bless obedience.  Let the blessing of God come strongly into my life as I do my best to walk in obedience to You and Your ways.  I am Yours Lord, completely.  Have Your way in my life.  

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment