Thursday, May 13, 2021

Let the Lord Judge and Fight Your Battles

 Scripture:

“May the Lord judge between you and me. And may the Lord avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you.”  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭24:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

David just had the opportunity to kill King Saul, who was pursuing him to kill him.  David refused to kill the one who was diligently trying to kill him.  He said to Saul, “May the Lord judge between you and me. And may the Lord avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you.”  In other words, I will let God judge and fight my battles.  I don’t need to defend myself, that is God’s job.

Application:

David had an incredible trust in the Lord.  He knew God would defend him, fight for him, and avenge him of whatever evil was done to him.  He completely trusted the Lord.  We need to walk in that level of trust. When things go bad and people go against us, we need to have the confidence that God will avenge us.  God will fight for us and God will bring justice on those who stand against us.  I want God to fight my battles and defend my life.  Therefore, I must trust Him to do it instead of taking it into my own hands.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more each day.  Teach me to walk like David did, with complete trust and confidence that You will take care of me and won’t allow my enemies to triumph over me.  Guide me, guard me, protect me, and show me the way forward.  My life is Yours Almighty God.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment