Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Dedicate it to the Lord

 Scripture:

“King David dedicated these articles to the Lord, as he had done with the silver and gold from all the nations he had subdued:”. ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭8:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Near the beginning of his reign, King David fought many battles and defeated many enemies.  Once they were all dealt with, he had a good amount of peace in the kingdom for a long time.  After his battles, when the spoils of war came back, David didn’t take the spoils for himself and his palace, rather, he dedicated the spoils to the Lord.  He brought the silver and the gold to the house of the Lord.  He knew God had been fighting his battles, therefore, he gave the spoils back to the Lord.

Application:

When we win battles and God blesses us, we can’t forget where our blessings came from.  We must return the best of the spoils to the Lord.  When we honor the Lord by dedicating everything we obtain to Him, He continues to bless our lives.  Whenever God blesses my life, I need to give it back to Him and dedicate it for His purposes.  We can’t forget the giver of the blessings when we are blessed.

Prayer:

Father, let me never take lightly the blessing of God.  You have been good to me and my family.  You have blessed us in so many ways.  I honor You today and I ask You to help me to always return the blessing to You.  Help me never to take Your blessings for granted, but to honor You with everything that comes my way.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment