Friday, May 7, 2021

The Power of God’s Presence

Scripture:

“So they called together all the rulers of the Philistines and said, “Send the ark of the god of Israel away; let it go back to its own place, or it will kill us and our people.” For death had filled the city with panic; God’s hand was very heavy on it.”  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭5:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬ 

Observation:

The Philistines had captured the Ark of God from Israel.  When it was in their hands, their god fell twice, simply being in the same room as the Ark.  The people began to break out in tumors and there was a serious rat problem.  The people realized, this was started by the God of Israel and they decided they needed to get rid of the Ark as quickly as possible.  God’s presence, in the wrong hands, is devastating and the Philistines realized it.

Application:

The same presence of the Lord that brings great blessing to His people, can work chaos in those who don’t follow the Lord.  We must realize the power of God’s presence.  Today, we are the ark of the Lord.  He has chosen to live in His people instead of on a box called an Ark.  We contain the power to heal and the power to destroy within our bodies.  We have the presence of God in our lives and we are more powerful than we realize.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk with You.  Let me know You more each day and help me to understand more fully and completely what it is to have Your presence within me and not just in a special place of worship.  Let me grasp the concept that You are within me and that Your presence in my life can do amazing things.  As Jesus said, let me be one with You in every way.  I want to be Your extension on this earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment