Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The Lord Will Rescue

 Scripture:

“The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.” Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you.””  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭17:37‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, King Saul was talking to David about fighting Goliath.  David was willing to go fight him on behalf of Israel, but he was young and inexperienced as a warrior.  David replied to Saul that the Lord had rescued him from a lion and a bear and that He would rescue him from Goliath as well.  David knew it was the Lord who rescued him and he was confident that the Lord would do it again.  His confidence was not in himself, but in the Lord.

Application:

When our confidence is in ourselves, we will fail.  When our confidence is in the Lord, we will be successful at whatever we put our hand to.  Complete reliance on the living God is the only way to live.  When we rely on ourselves, we can have some level of success, but when we rely on the Lord, He will fight our battles and bring us great victory.  Our trust cannot be in our resources, but in the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never take my eyes off of You.  Help me to remain humble before You all the days of my life.  Teach me to trust You and not myself in every situation.  Help me to walk in confidence that You can and WILL come through every time as long as I depend on You.  Show me Your will every day and help me to walk in it.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment