Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sacrifice is Rewarded

 Scripture:

“And the Lord was gracious to Hannah; she gave birth to three sons and two daughters. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord.”  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭2:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Hannah had cried out to the Lord for a child for years.  She promised the Lord, If You give me a child, I will give him to You.  She did just that.  When Samuel was weaned, she left him at the Tabernacle to grow up in the presence of the Lord.  She gave her first son and the Lord blessed her with three more sons and two daughters.  She went from barrenness to fruitfulness because she gave her firstfruits to the Lord.

Application:

When we give God our firstfruits, He always blesses us back in a multiplied fashion.  He always returns more than we give.  He gives back with good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.  We must give God our first and our best, then He will make sure we are blessed with more.  I want to live a life of blessing the Lord with my very best.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You well all the days of my life.  I want to give You the firstfruits of everything I have.  I want to honor You with my life in every way.  Help me to be willing to make sacrifices for You and Your kingdom.  Walk with me and keep me in step with Your Spirit.  I want to serve You well and fulfill every plan You have for my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment