Monday, May 10, 2021

Stay Small in Your Own Eyes

 Scripture:

“Samuel said, “Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The Lord anointed you king over Israel.”  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭15:17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Saul was king and did good for a long time.  He defeated many enemies and won many battles, but near the end of his reign, he began to do what he thought best instead of what the Lord said to do.  Even in what he did, he did it to honor the Lord, but it was not what the Lord wanted.  God told him that obedience was better than sacrifice.  Samuel told him, “Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel?”  In other words, when you were small, God raised you up.

Application:

When we stay small in our own eyes, we can be lifted up by the Lord.  When we get ahead of God and start doing what we think is best instead of seeking Him and His direction, we will get in trouble.  Staying small simply means that we must seek the Lord and do what He says instead of just doing what we think is best for our lives and those we lead.  No matter how many successes we have, we must remain in a position of realizing that without God, we are helpless.  Obedience is truly better than sacrifice.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never think more of myself than I am.  Help me to walk in humility before You all the days of my life.  I need Your direction, Your strength and Your anointing on my life.  I can do nothing without You.  Fill me today with your Spirit and let me fulfill all You have planned for my life.  Teach me to stay small in my own eyes.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment