Thursday, May 27, 2021

Bearing His Image

 Scripture:

“And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.”  ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:49‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul had been speaking to the Corinthian people in this letter about the first and second Adam.  He was telling them that we have inherited the image of the earthly man, or first Adam, through birth.  The image of the second Adam is eternal and is Spirit.  We bear the physical image of the first Adam, but the spiritual image of the second Adam.  

Application:

Bearing the image of the second Adam really jumped off the page at me today.  We are to be so Christlike that we bear His image.  Bearing His image means we become like Him in every way.  When people look at us, do they see Christ?  When people see our lives, are they looking at the image of Christ?  We must live our lives bearing Christ’s image, doing what He does, saying what He would say, being who He is in the world.  We need to carefully examine our lives to see if we are bearing the image of our savior.

Prayer:

Father, help me to represent Christ better and better with my life.  Teach me to walk worthy of the calling on my life.  Enable me to bear the image of the one who died for me.  Let my life shout JESUS to the world around me.  One day the image of the first Adam will fade and die, let me live life focused on the image of the second Adam that will live forever.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment