Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Call Me Jedidiah

 Scripture:

“Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and he went to her and made love to her. She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The Lord loved him; and because the Lord loved him, he sent word through Nathan the prophet to name him Jedidiah.”  ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭12:24-25‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

David had sinned with Bathsheba and had her husband killed.  As a result, she became pregnant and gave birth to a son.  The son died as a result of David’s sin and Bathsheba got pregnant again.  She gave birth to Solomon.  In this passage, it says his name was Solomon, but the Lord called him Jedidiah, which means “loved of the Lord.”  Solomon’s godly name was “love by the Lord.”  No wonder there was so much favor and blessing on his life.  

Application:

Everyone of us can be named Jedidiah because we are all “loved of the Lord.”  God loves His children and this should give us incredible confidence and understanding.  We should never wonder if He loves us.  He has named us with His own name and called us His sons and daughters.  We don’t have to wonder if we are loved by God, He has demonstrated that by sending His own Son to die in our place on a cruel cross.

Prayer:

Father, thank Your for loving me and sending Your Son on my behalf.  Thank You for favoring me and demonstrating Your incredible love for me over and over.  You have truly blessed my life and I am thankful.  I am in awe of Your love for me.  Help me to walk in it and give it to others as well.  Help me to love like You love.  Thanks for reminding me today that I am the loved of the Lord.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment