Wednesday, May 5, 2021

God’s Incredible Favor

 Scripture:

“As she got up to glean, Boaz gave orders to his men, “Let her gather among the sheaves and don’t reprimand her.”  ‭‭Ruth‬ ‭2:15‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Boaz tells his men to “let her gather among the sheaves and don’t reprimand her.”  Ruth had come with Naomi, her mother in law, to follow her, her people, and her God.  As Ruth decided to take care of her mother in law, God’s favor began to come on her life.  She was a widow from another country, but God opened doors for her that no man could open.  God to care of her because of her faithfulness to Naomi and her willingness to leave all she had ever known to follow Naomi’s God.

Application:

God can use people no situations to show us His favor.  God’s favor provides for you when you don’t feel worthy of provision.  God’s favor opens doors for you that you didn’t even try to open.  God’s favor sustains you when you really shouldn’t even be alive.  When God’s favor comes on our lives, those around us will take notice.  Things start going well for you when the favor of God comes upon you.

Prayer:

Lord, let Your favor come upon my life more and more.  I trust You with all I have.  Help me to walk in complete obedience.  Help me to answer “yes” whenever You speak to me.  May I be like Mary told the disciples at Cana, “Whatever He says, do it.”  Speak Lord, and give me the heart to do it, no matter how crazy it may seem.  Thank You for Your awesome favor in the recent past.  Extend Your favor in my life.  Open doors for me to fulfill the full calling of God on my life.  Enable me to reach more people with the Good News than ever before.  Let my latter years be more productive than my younger years.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment