Friday, May 14, 2021

Valuing People

 Scripture:

“As surely as I valued your life today, so may the Lord value my life and deliver me from all trouble.””    ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭26:24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

King Saul had been chasing David through the wilderness to kill him.  Twice, David had the opportunity to kill Saul.  On this occasion, David went in while Saul’s men were sleeping and took Saul’s spear and water jug from right next to him.  David then woke up Saul and his servants.  He told them what happened and then told them, “As surely as I valued your life today, so may the Lord value my life and deliver me from all trouble.”  He valued Saul’s life and expected God to value his life.

Application:

This is not a doctrinal statement, but when we value people, God will value us.  David saw this as how God would deal with him and I believe we can stand on the same principle.  God loves it when we value others.  When we value His creation, we value Him.  When we honor, value, and esteem others, we can expect God to value, honor and esteem us.  May we live a life that values others.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to see value in people who may not even like me.  Help me to honor those in authority over my life.  Empower me to bring honor and value to those around me.  I want to see others lives blessed because of my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment