Saturday, May 29, 2021

Great Wisdom

 Scripture:

“God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.”  ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭4:29‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God gave Solomon incredible and vast amounts of wisdom.  He was an expert in almost everything from trees, to plants, to animals, to leadership, to relationships, etc. etc. etc.  Here it is described as “measureless as the sand on the seashore.”  It was noticed by kings and leaders all over the world and they came to sit at his feet and learn.

Application:

Wisdom, understanding, and insight are given by God.  When we seek Him, we are seeking the one who can make us wise and understanding.  When we feel like we don’t know what to do about a certain situation, we should seek God because He is the author of wisdom.  I need to seek the Lord for wisdom in my life on a daily basis.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, teach me to walk with the wise.  Help me to say the right things to the right people, at the right time.  Show me how to navigate difficult decisions and discussions.  Help me to be wise in how I relate to others and how I lead.  Teach me to to lead Your people well and to do the hard things that I know need done.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment