Saturday, May 8, 2021

God is Attracted to Humility

 Scripture:

“Saul answered, “But am I not a Benjamite, from the smallest tribe of Israel, and is not my clan the least of all the clans of the tribe of Benjamin? Why do you say such a thing to me?””  ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭9:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Saul had traveled in search of some donkeys that were missing from his father’s flock.  As he was searching, they decided to go to a seer, a prophet, to see if he had knowledge of where to find the donkeys.  When they approached Samuel, Samuel let him know where he could find the donkeys, but also told him that today all Israel was turned toward him.  Saul’s reply was that he was from the tribe of Benjamin, the smallest tribe, and his clan was the smallest clan.  In other words, he knew he was a nobody, yet God had chosen him.

Application:

God generally doesn’t look at your qualifications list and your resume when He wants to do something.  He doesn’t look at our background or where we were raised.  He doesn’t choose people like we choose people for positions.  He generally chooses those who don’t appear to be the natural choice.  This causes them to depend on Him more.  We must always walk in humility before the Lord.  He raises up the humble and places them in positions of influence.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You every day and not lean on my own understanding, education, resume, or anything else.  You are my God.  You are in control of my life.  I trust You to make things happen and to place me where You want me.  Let me walk in the place where You can use me the most for Your Kingdom.  I want to be where You want me to be at all times.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment