Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Run to Win

 Scripture:

“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.”  ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭9:24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells us to live the Christian life like one who is running to win a race.  He says we should not just run, but run to win.  We shouldn’t just live our Christian life to get by and finish the race, but to win the race.

Application:

Running to win means I have to strive, put in extra effort, and work harder than everyone else.  If you want to win a race, you must train harder than everyone else.  Paul is saying we should take our spiritual lives very seriously and not just try to cross the finish line, but to live victoriously in this life.  In the spiritual life, we are never competing against other believers to win some spiritual pride, but we compete within ourselves to be the best we can be for the glory of God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live a more disciplined life.  Help me to run the race well.  Teach me to train efficiently and effectively.  I want to win in this race called life.  Help me to live a life that is victorious and that finishes everything You want me to do.  I simply want to fulfill everything You call me to do.  Enable me to do what You place before me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment