Saturday, May 22, 2021

He Delighted in Me

Scripture:

“He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”  ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭22:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬ 

Observation:

David had been rescued by the Lord so many times in his life.  He had defeated so many enemies in battle throughout his years that he knew he was only alive because of the good hand of the Lord on his life.  In this passage he tells why he believed the Lord always took care of him.  He says, “He delighted in me.”  David knew that the Lord delighted in him and favored him.

Application:

We can read scripture all day long that tells us of God’s incredible love for us, but most people deep inside don’t feel that God really loves them.  The Word of God doesn’t lie and doesn’t fail.  It is alive and powerful.  If it says God loves us, God loves us!  We need to have the confidence of David when it comes to the Lord’s love for us.  We should know that the Lord is delighted in us.  He is delighted with my life.  The only way to know that is to know we are doing our very best to follow Him completely and to walk in His word every day.  He does delight in us, but we must believe and receive that.

Prayer:

Father, You have delighted in me throughout my life.  You have favored me over and over again.  You have opened doors for me that don’t seem to open for others.  Thank You for delighting in me.  Help me to continually live a life You can bless and be delighted in.

Your Son.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment