Friday, May 21, 2021

What Right Do I Have?

 Scripture:

“All my grandfather’s descendants deserved nothing but death from my lord the king, but you gave your servant a place among those who eat at your table. So what right do I have to make any more appeals to the king?””  ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭19:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

When King David came back from Absalom’s defeat and the kingdom was returned to him, he needed to find out who was with him and who was against him.  He confronted Mephibosheth about why he didn’t go with the king when they fled.  Mephibosheth said he was lame and couldn’t go because his helper wouldn’t take him.  He also said that the king had been so good to him and blessed him so much that he didn’t feel he could make any more appeals to the king because of all the king had done for him in the past.  

Application:

Sometimes we need to look to God and say, “You have done so much for me that I don’t deserve to ask for anything further.”  Our prayer of humility should be that God has already done so much for us in sending Christ to the cross that we don’t deserve much more.  His love is incredible and we need to be thankful for every little thing He does additionally for us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in appreciation of all You have done for me.  Help me to never forget where You have brought me from and how You have blessed my life.  You don’t owe me anything else, ever, but thank You for allowing me to still come boldly to the throne of grace.  Thank You for allowing me into Your presence without fear.

You’re the Best,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment