Monday, May 17, 2021

Barrenness and Criticism

 Scripture:

“And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.”  ‭2 Samuel‬ ‭6:23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

This verse comes at the end of the story where David brings the Ark of the Covenant back to Jerusalem and dances and sacrifices in front of it.  His wife Michal confronted him about it when it was over and told him he had destroyed his image among the people.  He said he would be more undignified than this in worship of God Almighty.  After this interaction, Michal had not children till the day of her death.  She became barren because she criticized a move of God.

Application:

I believe we need to be very cautious when we criticize something God is doing.  It is easy to judge others when God is moving differently in their meetings than He does in ours.  David was worshiping the Lord with a pure heart, but in a way that seemed overboard and maybe too emotional.  Michal, his wife, criticized him for it and she became barren.  We need to be slow to condemn or criticize things we don’t understand.

Prayer:

Father, help me to discern what is of You and what is not.  Help me to not criticize those who are seeing God work in a way that is different than I am used to.  Teach me to walk in step with Your Spirit every day and to fulfill all You have for me.  I don’t want to criticize what you are doing.  I want to be part of what You are doing.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment