Monday, May 24, 2021

Faithful

 Scripture:

“Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.”  ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Corinthians and lets them know that faithfulness is crucial in the kingdom.  He explained how he planted and Apollos watered, but it was God that gave the increase.  He was letting them know that whatever you are given to do by the Lord is important.  Faithfulness to what the Lord wants you to do is more important than what you actually do.

Application:

Whatever I am entrusted with, I must prove faithful with.  Jesus taught us to be faithful in the little things and we would be entrusted with larger things.  Our job is not to do what we want to do, but to be faithful in what God gives us to do, no matter how big or small that may appear to us.  God is looking for faithful people, who will do the little things well.  He then will raise up those who are trustworthy.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk faithful to what You have called me to do.  Teach me to obey, no matter what the situation.  I want to be a person You can trust to accomplish whatever You need done in the earth.  Enable me to walk faithful to whatever You place in front of me.  When I get to heaven, I want to hear “well done”.  I want to have done everything You gave me to do with all my heart.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment