Monday, August 17, 2020

When They Call on Me

Scripture:

“When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:15‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

The Psalmist says here is speaking on God’s behalf.  He tells us that when we call on the Lord, He will answer, He will be with us in trouble, He will rescue us, and He will honor us.  The key is simply in calling on the name of the LORD.  Jeremiah said “Call unto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things that you cannot know.”

Application:

God makes great promises here concerning our lives, but they are contingent promises.  They are contingent on the fact that we call on Him.  When I am in trouble, I usually try everything to figure out what I need to do before I simply cry out to the LORD.  I need to call out first instead of trying to work it out.  He is faithful to do what He says He will do, we need to do our part.

Prayer:

Father, I call out to You.  I need you in my life, my family, my church and my nation.  I call out to You for revival in our region and in our nation.  I call out to You and ask You to move powerfully once again.  Pour out Your Spirit on all flesh.  I call out to You and ask You to bring in the great harvest of the nations. I call out to You and ask You to bless my life so I can be a blessing.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment