Thursday, August 27, 2020

Search Me

Scripture:

 “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Here the Psalmist makes a request of God.  He asks God to search him, test him, and know his anxious thoughts.  It doesn’t seem very fun to be searched and tested by the LORD, but through searching and testing, the heart and anxious thoughts are found and can be dealt with.

Application:

There are not many people who would pray for God to test and search them because He might do it and they might need to change some things.  The reality is that God already knows all the above, it really only reveals them to us.  I want to be as pure as gold and refined like silver so I might more valuable to my king.  Whatever it takes to be more like the Father, that’s what I need to do.  If I need my heart and my thoughts exposed, do it LORD!

Prayer:

Father, I want to be more like You in 2020 than I was in 2019.  Help me to grow more and more into Your image.  Let me see things how You see them.  Help me to live a life that brings You honor and praise.  Pour out Your Spirit in my life every day.  Let me hear Your voice and see what You are doing every day of my life and give me the strength to do what You are doing in the earth.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment