Friday, August 7, 2020

He and I

Scripture:

“I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:1-2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here goes back and forth between He and I.  He says things like, “I waited...He turned to me”, “He heard my cry”, “He lifted me”, “He set my feet”, and “I walked along.”  There is a part we play in our relationship with God and a part He plays.  He does the heavy lifting and we seek Him out in everything.

Application:

God works on behalf of those those seek Him and wait on Him.  The “I” sections of this verse say, “I waited patiently, I cried out, and I walked along.”  The “He” sections say, “He turned, He heard my cry, He lifted, He set my feet.”  God pulls the heavier load in all of this.  Our job is to cry out to Him and seek His face, His job is to make the path straight in front of us.  He lifts up those who seek Him.  Lastly, He steadies us “as” we walk along.  Sometimes we have to start walking before He starts stepping in to help us.  We cry out and start walking.  He does the rest.

Prayer:

Father, help me to cry out to You more and more as Your day approaches.  Steady my path as I walk before You.  Teach me to walk this walk You have set ahead of me.  I need You now more than ever.  You are my everything.  You are my source of love, joy, peace, and all the rest of the fruit of the Spirit.  You are the one I lean on and You are the one who will show me the way forward each day.  I cry out to You.  I need you daddy.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment