Saturday, August 22, 2020

Ponder Them

 Scripture:

“How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭111:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist tells us here to ponder the amazing works of the Lord.  To ponder means to think on something for an extended period of time.  It is to analyze in your mind and consider.

Application:

God’s deeds throughout history are truly amazing! We need to ponder them often.  When we ponder about Him opening the Red Sea and the Jordan River, we remember that our situations are not that difficult for Him.  In our own lives, He has given His Son for us.  We should ponder that often and remember the price Jesus paid for our adoption.  

Prayer:

Father, teach me to ponder Your deeds more.  Help me to take time to just think about You and the awesome things You have done.  I’m reminded of the song this morning that says, “When I think about the Lord, how He saved me, how He raised me, how He filled me with the Holy Ghost... It makes me want to shout, Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus! Lord You are worthy of all of the glory, all of the honor, all of the praise!”  Lord, when I ponder Your goodness to me, it makes me want to shout for joy!

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment