Monday, August 10, 2020

Cast Your Burden

 Scripture:

“Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭55:22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist says here to cast our burdens on the LORD and He will sustain you.  To sustain is to keep healthy and alive.  It is to keep someone fed and cared for.  He goes on the say that when we cast our burdens on the LORD, He will never let the righteous be moved.  He empowers us to stand firm.

Application:

When we are overwhelmed, we are to cast our cares and burdens on the LORD.  He is faithful and will give us what we need to get through any situation we find ourselves in.  He will give us everything we need to stand strong.  When I am overwhelmed, instead of trying to fight through things on my own, I need to cast things on the LORD.  He can handle it and will help me.

Prayer:

LORD, I cast every worry, stress, and issue on You today.  Thank you for offering this to Your servants.  It is powerful that we are able to cast our troubles and burdens on You and not pick them back up.  You are amazing and I appreciate You so much.  Help me not to be moved by the things around me, but to be moved by You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment