Friday, August 21, 2020

Confidence in God

Scripture:

“My heart is confident in you, O God; no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭108:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here says that his heart is confident in God.  He then goes on to say that’s the reason he can sing praises with all his heart.  Strong praise comes from a confident heart.  You praise Him because You are confident He has everything in control and will turn this around.

Application:

A confident heart is demonstrated in our praise.  The LORD rests on the praises of His people, but for our best praise, our hearts need to be confident in Him.  Confidence knows that God is going to come through in any situation.  Confidence says God is in control, even when it seems like everything around you is collapsing.  Confidence really comes down to faith.  My faith, my trust and my confidence are in the LORD, therefore I can praise Him with all my heart.

Prayer:

Father, receive my praise.  You are high and lifted up.  You are great and glorious.  There is nobody like You.  Let my confidence in You grow each day and let my praise develop with it.  Let Your praise always be on my lips and Your confidence be in my heart.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment