Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Trust in the LORD

 Scripture:

“Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭62:8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here tells us to trust in the LORD at all times and to pour out our heart before God.  He ends this verse by saying that God is a refuge for us.  God desires a people who will truly trust Him to lead and guide them.  He longs to be the one we pour out our heart to.

Application:

God is our refuge.  He is a safe place we can run to when things are not good around us.  He is the place we should run when we feel like the enemy is after us.  He desires us to pour our hearts out before Him.  During this 21 day fast, I want to pour out my heart to the LORD and then trust Him to take care of every detail of my life.  I want to find my place of safety in Him and not in my out resources or my own defenses.

Prayer:

Father, I cry out to You this morning.  Move in my life.  Help me to trust You more fully each day.  Teach me to pour out everything in my heart to You.  You are the only one who can turn things around.  You are my help and my hope.  Step in and show Yourself strong in my life, in my family’s lives, and in our church.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment