Saturday, August 29, 2020

 Scripture:

“For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭149:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here says that the Lord delights in His people.  It is an incredible thought to ponder about that God would take delight in us.  We know we are human and have failed Him over and over again, but He takes delight in us.  He goes on to say that God crowns the humble with victory.  Victory comes through humility.

Application:

This morning I’m pondering the thought that God delights in my life.  It makes me want to live so much more holy and godly.  He delights in me anyway, but His delight draws me to want to serve Him better.  The second part speaks of gaining victory through humility.  When I walk humbly before God, He will give me the victory.  Victory, for me is not found in working harder, but in walking humbly and letting God defeat my enemies.

Prayer:

Lord God, help met to give you a life worth Your delighting in.  Let my life please You and bring You honor.  Teach me to walk humbly before You.  Show me Your ways and teach me Your paths.  Guide my life.  I am in Your hands.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment