Friday, August 14, 2020

Living Like King David

 Scripture:

“So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, And guided them by the skillfulness of his hands.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭78:72‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

This verse is referring to King David.  The prior verse says he was taken from shepherding the sheep to become the shepherd of Israel. According to this verse, David led with two things; integrity of heart and skillfulness of his hands.  His heart was pure and undivided and his hands were well trained.

Application:

When Serving the LORD in any position, these two things are critical.  We must be a people who lead with integrity and character above anything else.  Integrity comes from integer, which is a number that can’t be divided by another number equally.  It means you have an undivided heart.  We also need skillful hands to handle things well.  We need to take advantage of every opportunity for education and training so we are skillful at what we do.

Prayer:

Father, let me lead Your people with an undivided heart and skillful hands.  Help me to be a better leader.  Teach me to lead with a right heart and increase my skills to be more effective for Your Kingdom.  Help me to never become complacent, but to always strive to be better in every way.  I want to lead Your people well in my generation.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment