Thursday, August 6, 2020

God’s Love and Faithfulness

Scripture:

“Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭36:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here tries to describe the love and faithfulness of God by using the vastness of the heavens.  He says that God’s unfailing love is a huge as the heavens and His faithfulness, or dependability, goes past the clouds.  In other words, the love and faithfulness of God goes beyond anything on this earth.  It goes as far as the eye can see.

Application:

God’s love is unfailing.  It never fails.  It doesn’t stop.  It is huge and vast as the heavens above.  His faithfulness, His loyalty and commitment are higher than the clouds in the sky.  I know the Word, but I want to know Him better.  I want to walk more confidently in God’s love and faithfulness.  I also want these characteristics of God to be demonstrated in and through my life.  I want to reflect my Father well.

Prayer:

Father, let my life reflect Your life.  Help me to walk in unending love and massive faithfulness.  Let me not give up on people, but see them as You see them.  Help me to walk faithful to my calling and faithful to my family.  Help me to be faithful to every assignment You place on my life.  Help me to be more like You.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment