Friday, August 28, 2020

Remember, Ponder, and Think

 Scripture:

“I remember the days of old. I ponder all your great works and think about what you have done.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭143:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Psalmist says that he remembers the olden days, ponders all of God’s great works and thinks about everything the LORD has done.  He spends times in deep thought about the LORD and how He has worked in his life.  

Application:

I tend to be a doer more than a thinker.  I like to be active in the Kingdom, doing the works of the Father, but there is something very powerful about remembering, pondering and thinking about the LORD and what He has done in our lives.  I need to get better at taking the time to simply sit and recall all the LORD has done for me.  He has done so much for me through the years, but somehow I have had the wrong thoughts that being active is better than sitting still and thinking.  Both are important.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to slow down and ponder Your ways and think about all the great things You have done for me.  You have saved me, healed me countless times, delivered me from the plans of the evil one. You have worked financial miracles in my life over and over again.  You blessed me in so many ways.  All I can say is thanks for adopting me into Your family. 

You are Amazing,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment